Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Two glaciers and the whole west coast in one day.

 I packed up early and left Queenstown at about 7:30.  It took about 3 1/2 hours to get to fox glacier and Franz Joseph glaciers. Not a bad hike, but I was sadly disappointed that they didn't allow me to go on the glacier without a guide. But I still got some great shots of it. Here's Fox Glacier. 

This is Franz Joseph Glacier. 

I did the power drive up the west coast that I've been dreading. It took a bit longer because I kept seeing such awesome scenery that I had to stop and take pictures like this. 

And this. 

Or this. 


 

I ended up stopping in a town called Brightwater. I just started calling random places to look for a vacancy. The only place I could find was this bed and breakfast. It's way too nice for just one person. It had amazing windows 

and this cool staircase. 



I took out my stitches this morning. I had no real instruments so I used a steak knife and some shears I found in a drawer. 

The bed and breakfast had farm fresh eggs so I made myself some scrambled eggs. 

 

 The proprietors of the place are a local couple. The husband, whose name is John, let me take this photo. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment