Saturday, February 18, 2012

Carrick Vineyards

I have been casually talking to Steve and Barb about their winery up till now.  Last night, during dinner, they were nice enough to give me a glass of their 2007 pinot noir. It was actually nothing like any pinot I've had in the past. I've not been a big fan of pinot noir because it usually tastes thin and acidic. This stuff from Carrick was rich, full, and had a nice flavor. I must have seemed like an illiterate because I simply said it was nice. They offered some to Charles, another Kiwi, who swirled the wine in his glass and said very intelligent things like, "Excellent nose!" and "Well you don't hide any of the fruit in there!". 

Their winery is located in the south end of the south island and also has a nice restaurant. From what I saw them eating on this backpacking trip, I'm pretty sure the food must be spectacular. 

www.carrick.co.nz

 

 

1 comment:

  1. What a gorgeous country! Kind of reminds me of a warmer version of Alaska. Just got back from Big White and missed having you there! How's that arm doing? You should include a pic or two so we can all commiserate and give you our unsolicited (non)medical opinions. Hugs from everyone!

    ReplyDelete